How to get a New Connection

If you need a new connection from BSPHCL, this is how you need to go about it ..

First, get the requisition form from nearest supply sub-division for your locality.You will be provided with this form free of cost!

Next, fill up this form (in duplicate) and submit it to the Assistant Electric Engineerat that sub-division.

You will be issued with a bill for processing your application as per the categoryof service connection and this amount should then be deposited by you as per theinstructions. The application fees for different categories is as follows -

  • Rs. 15.00 for domestic and commercial services
  • Rs. 10.00 for agricultural service
  • Rs. 20.00 for LT industrial service
  • Rs. 50.00 for HT service

In order to qualify for such a service, you need to be either the lawful owner ofthe premises or a tenant with proper permission from the land lord. Attach suchsupporting documents with your application.

Remember that there should be no prior dues of BSPHCL pending against you or thepremises for which the application is made !

If you are applying for a connection in the urban area, find out the account no.,route no. and the pole no. of the nearest connection to that of your premises andmake it available along with your application so that BSPHCL can quickly identifythe location from which a connection can be provided. If the application asks fora connection in the rural area, provide the complete postal address.

Now comes the issue of finding out the type of wiring that you have had carriedout at the site. BSPHCL expects a test report of the this along with details ofload by a Licensed Electrical Contractor. In case of a HT connection, certificatefrom the manufacturer or a recognized lab for the type of electric work at the sitewill also be needed along with clearance certificate by an Electrical Inspector.

Then a survey of load will be carried out for you and a sanction for a specificvolume of load will be granted. This exercise helps us determine how much you shouldbe charged for service connection, what will be the expenditure on materials andhow much should be your security deposit with the BSPHCL.

You will then need to deposit the amount prescribed. If the premises belong to aPartnership Firm, the partner who has been duly authorized by other partners canexecuted this part of exercise. In case of a Company, this will be done only bythe Managing Director and in case of a govt. dept., the Secretary will execute thistask. A copy of the Partnership Deed or Articles of Association must be submittedalong with the list of Partners/Directors with their permanent and present postaladdresses. A certificate of registration or incorporation with the govt. body shouldalso be submitted.

All these necessary documents should be duly certified by the authorized personbefore their submission with a date and stamp.

The LT class domestic and commercial consumers are not required to execute separateagreement with the BSPHCL but they still must sign a declaration in the RequisitionForm that will serve the purpose of a formal agreement.

On compliance of all the formalities, requisite service connection will be releasedon a parity basis. However, BSPHCL reserves the right to grant an out of turn connectionas well.